Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Goals

Yesterday, over salads and perfect fall weather, I made a new friend. :)

Nancy Ray is a photographer located in Boone, NC. After having just recently discovered her blog, I promptly added her to my bloglines and began pouring over her "100 Days of Posting" self-imposed challenge.

Having been so consumed with our never-ending shooting/editing, shooting/editing, shooting/editing schedule this summer, I've found myself stuck in a blogging slump in that our blog has come to exist for the exclusive purpose of showing our latest work. Which, don't get me wrong, I love blogging our sessions and weddings. But, I've missed blogging just for fun.

While taking an email/editing break last night....oh, around 2am-ish.....I saw Nancy's September 1st blog post, which was devoted to her September goal setting. At the first of each month, this is something she'll be doing - and having invited her blog readers to join in, I decided I would too. :)

So, here is my hodge-podge-business-personal goal listing for September.

1. Blog at least 2 non-shoot/wedding related posts per week for the month

2. Get to the gym at least 3 times per week

3. Take Ellen and Jazzy to the vet (this has been on my list for WAY too long)

4. Edit the pictures we took of my family on our trip to CA

5. Get our Pickpic merchant account set-up

6. Have an uptown date night with Geoff

7. Update and renew our equipment/liability insurance

8. Organize our new client folders

9. Get caught up with paying our sales tax

10. Send my grandma a present for her 70th birthday

11. Get totally caught up with editing weddings through our 8/29 wedding

12. Do something fun for Labor Day

13. Work with Erica to finalize our new logo (!) and begin working on our new blog

14. Have coffee with a new friend

15. Have coffee with an old friend

16. Figure out what to do with the excess furniture in our living room

17. Pick out paint colors for our downstairs rooms

18. Spend time daily reading my bible

19. Visit the Old Tyme Marketplace

20. Network with one new wedding related vendor


Let's do this! :)

And, here's a couple peeks at what is to come.

Monica and Brent



Ashley and Jason



Becky and Tim

14 comments:

Lauren said...

i want to be your new friend to have coffee with! pick me!

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

haha! let's do it, lauren! :)

Dina - White Thread said...

I LOVE this idea. Can't wait to see it happen. So happy to have found your blog. I want to be the new vendor you network with :)

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Awesome!! Yay for #6, #18 & #20 :)

Monica said...

OMGosh Cheyenne, SHUT UP! I love you! Seriously My heart stopped, I LOVE it!!
we LOVED working with you and I tell everyone that, I am going to do the blog challenge as well WEIRD I was too reading Nancy's blog last night from a twitter udpate that Candace did so I though cute name of a blog well she LIVES near me!!! LOVE her blog!
ok you know me, I don't shut up! seriously you are AWESOME and you ROCK!!!
XoXo

Maddie said...

HI!! love this idea, and i think i will do the same soon!

and let me be #15 old-friend coffee! can i entice you to come up for a summit date!?

jen hunt said...

i love nancy ray's site too..refreshingly sweet!

meg{moir} said...

Cheyenne - I'm so excited for your new goals! To be honest, some of my favorite posts of yours deal more with the business side of photography and your personal/professional goals. I may be in the minority here, but I love to know what goes on behind the scenes.

See you in 24 days!

Allie said...

Love the goals Cheyenne! Can't wait to see you next week!

jamiedelaine said...

Great goals! Can't wait to see you complete them and see some more personal blog posts. :)

RC Patton - ReflectiveVideo.com said...

Some very noble goals to set for yourself. I wish you much luck in accomplishing your goals. I absolutely love the picture of Ashley and Jason. What a fun loving couple they must have been.
RC Patton - ReflectiveVideo.com

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

yeah girl....personal goals...i need to be as good as you are at restaurants...if it weren't for you ...i wouldn't have gotten a salad that day.

it was great to hang out with you....i missed your face.

Anonymous said...

ahh looks like Lauren stole my comment. :P maybe I can entice you with some interior design advice for your paint color choices? I am a professional, ya know. :P

nancy ray said...

i am SO SO glad i met you! yay for new friends :)

ok - my fav goals were definitely 1. organize client folders (something i need to do too! and i heart organization) & 2. send grandma a present for her birthday. that is so precious, & it makes me miss my grandma. so sweet.

love it! i can't wait to come visit you guys again sometime. and please please call me if you ever are in boone or raleigh! (i'm in raleigh half the time anyway :))