Nancy Ray is a photographer located in Boone, NC. After having just recently discovered her blog, I promptly added her to my bloglines and began pouring over her "100 Days of Posting" self-imposed challenge.
Having been so consumed with our never-ending shooting/editing, shooting/editing, shooting/editing schedule this summer, I've found myself stuck in a blogging slump in that our blog has come to exist for the exclusive purpose of showing our latest work. Which, don't get me wrong, I love blogging our sessions and weddings. But, I've missed blogging just for fun.
While taking an email/editing break last night....oh, around 2am-ish.....I saw Nancy's September 1st blog post, which was devoted to her September goal setting. At the first of each month, this is something she'll be doing - and having invited her blog readers to join in, I decided I would too. :)
So, here is my hodge-podge-business-personal goal listing for September.
1. Blog at least 2 non-shoot/wedding related posts per week for the month
2. Get to the gym at least 3 times per week
3. Take Ellen and Jazzy to the vet (this has been on my list for WAY too long)
4. Edit the pictures we took of my family on our trip to CA
5. Get our Pickpic merchant account set-up
6. Have an uptown date night with Geoff
7. Update and renew our equipment/liability insurance
8. Organize our new client folders
9. Get caught up with paying our sales tax
10. Send my grandma a present for her 70th birthday
11. Get totally caught up with editing weddings through our 8/29 wedding
12. Do something fun for Labor Day
13. Work with Erica to finalize our new logo (!) and begin working on our new blog
14. Have coffee with a new friend
15. Have coffee with an old friend
16. Figure out what to do with the excess furniture in our living room
17. Pick out paint colors for our downstairs rooms
18. Spend time daily reading my bible
19. Visit the Old Tyme Marketplace
20. Network with one new wedding related vendor
Let's do this! :)
And, here's a couple peeks at what is to come.
Monica and Brent
Ashley and Jason
Becky and Tim