Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Katie and Kevin - Engagement Session - Charlotte Wedding Photographer



I am a klutz. It's true. I've always been amazed at the wedding photographers who can shoot with two camera bodies at the same time - one to shoot, and the other strapped around their shoulder ...switching back and forth when they prefer to use the other lens. I have a hard enough time staying on my own two feet while shooting (or walking for that matter), so the former scenario is just not possible.

When I fell down a grass hill near the end of their engagement session, Katie and Kevin saw first hand how clumsy I can be. And I'm not talking about a little trip.....I mean I FELL DOWN THE HILL....as in slipped, landed on my butt, and slid down. It was a moment in my life that my "cool factor" was off the charts. My mother always told me she should have named me Grace. :/

Anyway, please enjoy the engagement pictures of the ever-cute Katie and Kevin. :)







I so love this. It's a favorite. :)

















11 comments:

April said...

Cheyenne, they turned out WONDERFUL! oh my gosh I am in love...

maybe one of these days I will get married so you can shoot mine:)

Briony said...

love your compositions..beautiful set!

Jenn said...

I know what it's like to have the klutzy side! I wipe out at least once a photo shoot. I got so excited about grabbing a shot one time that I tried to jump up on a short stage, my high heel toe caught the edge and I totally face planted. Everyone stopped eating at the wedding a stared... gulp. Good thing for insurance on your camera huh? (great pics by the way!)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I was going to say...at least you weren't at a wedding.

Your Mother (Sallee) said...

Sorry Grace...That wasn't really anonymous...that was me..your mother. In any case...the end product was awesome.

Jessica Feely Photography said...

OH MY HECK! These are beautiful...I love the feeling from these. I love your work soo much!!

AngelaPace said...

Beautiful photos! I can relate to your lack of grace... I'm right there with you. *sigh* At any rate... you have an amazing eye and these are beautiful!

Jessica said...

Wow you made kudzu pretty...good job! BTdub I just passed a blog award to you from my blog! Check it out!
http://livingembellished.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Spuds said...

This is the third day in a row I've come to your blog just to "look at the pictures". Stunning work!

The Pichura Family said...

Yea!!! I was so tickled to see a comment from you on my blog...and now I get to see the great work you are doing!!!! SO COOL!!!!! I can't wait to show Bryan!!!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Hehe, I'm glad that you're not completely hurt from your fall! I'm a two-camera shooter..AND..klutzy as well! My poor lens always get the beating and banging when I shoot ;-)

PS-I heart your fave picture from this session :)