Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Freedom Park Wedding - Jenn and Brad - Part One



You might remember Jenn and Brad from their junkyard engagement session or from her rock quarry bridal portrait (bridal portrait posted here and here). If not, you'll want to go check those out....they are worth it. :)

To date, I'd have to say that Jenn and Brad's portrait sessions and wedding had me the most inspired, the most in my element, the most excited I was to shoot.

Things started off a little crazily when the power at the hotel they were staying at went out at 2am the night before their wedding and didn't come back on until very late morning the next day. If you've been married, you know this is a semi-catastrophe. Okay, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but when you are a bride getting her hair and makeup done with no working outlets....it becomes a big problem. :)

One of the biggest things I was thankful for was the weather. Knowing their plans to wed under a big oak tree in the middle of Freedom Park, we HAD to have a no rain day. And on October 9th, my prayers were answered as we looked out the window to see sunny skies.

Everything about this wedding was just so them.



Brad and Jenn got ready at aloft uptown.















Hair and makeup by the fabulous Elizabeth Tolley....love her. :)





Brad made the boutonniere's - yup, he's awesome. :) And his custom made turquoise jacket....I die. Really.



How much do you LOVE that ring?!



This moment between Jenn and her mom and dad right before leaving the hotel room to head to the ceremony got to me.



Geoff NAILED these shots of Brad and his guys.









I probably don't need to point out that Jenn is quite possibly the most stunning woman I have ever seen. But really, it's her fun personality and sweet demeanor that pushes her totally over the top on stunning.





Shades of gray bridesmaids dresses with a pop of color in Jenn's bouquet (which by the way, was made my her friend - all flowers purchased from one of my favorite places on earth - The Fresh Market).



Their music choices were great (DJ for the ceremony and reception - Bethany of All the Right Grooves) - Brad walked down the aisle to "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers.





The ceremony was just precious - the tears in their eyes while their parents stood by their sides.....an incredible moment that Geoff and I were so thankful to be a part of.









Check back for Part Two to see Jenn and Brad's portraits together, as well as the reception in the Freedom Park amphitheater.

11 comments:

Arika said...

STUNNING! and i love her hair piece!

Karen said...

Ok, Cheyenne, even if Jenn was not my sis, these pics would be my fav ever! Great job by Geoff too on the guys!

Bobbie Brown said...

Incredible!

Tabby said...

OH MY GEEEEEEEE!!!!! I've been waiting on these, and I must say it was worth the wait. These are Holy Guacamole Wowza great, and I can't wait for part deux!

BewaretheKudzu said...

So, I've pretty much been dying in anticipation waiting to see your shots from their wedding! Totally worth the wait, and yes, this makes me a tad bit sad that I've already had my own wedding. I want you to take pictures of me and Southie!!

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne, I've been following your blog for some time now and I must say you've just gotten better and better. I love these images. Great job and keep it up. You're amazing!

Corinna Hoffman Photography said...

Squeal!! I'm in love :) All the images are stunning! I'm loving the B&W the best!! And wowie--their e-session is ultra fab!! :) I love following your blog!

Jessica L Sack said...

Oooo, I've been waiting for these and y'all did NOT disappoint! The shot of him when he sees her? Adorable...

Emilie said...

Stunning couple!!!! Gorgeous photos!!! WOW!!!

lauren c. - openField. said...

INSANE.
BEAUTIFUL.
...so unique and AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
love ALL of these images!!!

Anju said...

The amazing set of wedding photos I've ever seen! They're so original and different. I love it! I hope mine would be this good! :D