Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Saturday, February 14, 2009

THREE days left + Cookie & Coco

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Geoff and I actually celebrated on Thursday night. I tell you what...I have THE best husband ever. He surprised me with a nice dinner and a night uptown at the Omni. You have no idea how excited I was.

Valentine's Day means only THREE days left to submit your entry for the Eye Candy Photo Challenge. Go HERE to see full contest details. I've been REALLY excited to see the ideas that people have been coming up with!



I'm typically not the biggest fan of receiving emails that have been forwarded a million times just for the sake of forwarding - you're lucky, if I take a quick glance before deleting. However, the other day I received a forward that caught my attention.

Many of you know that I am LOVE animals with all of my heart - ALMOST as much as I love Geoff...seriously. I've blogged before about how I can't stand animals being hurt. Well, as ridiculous as it may sound, I can't bear the thought of them suffering emotional hurt either. My heart just sank as I read the story below of Cookie and Coco. No doubt if I had an actual yard with a fence, I would have begged Geoff to keep them until he gave in. Since keeping them isn't an option, the least I could do to help them find a good home would be to blog. I would love to hear of a success story that allows these two best friends to be kept together.

Check out the picture and story of these two sweet girls:



"As many of you know, we are moving in just 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have
still not been able to find a good home for Cookie and Coco .
We're not able to take our beloved doggies with us and I've been
desperately trying to find a home for both of them 'together'. They
were raised together and pine without each other. The Lab rescue have already
said that they would probably separate them, so this is my last resort.

Recently I tried to take Coco out in my car alone and she TOTALLY
refused to even get into the car without Cookie.....!!!! She absolutely
pulled back on her haunches until Cookie was by her side.Both doggies
are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips implanted under
the skin.

Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Coco will be 3 April 1st. Cookie is
my mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed. Coco is adorably
funny and lives for her "ball". She also loves the water..... Cookie
loves lots of attention. Both doggies are loyal and love to walk. They
have been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and
have survived Sammy's constant hugging and love of 'dress-up', so
they are fantastic family dogs. This is by far one of the most difficult
decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no
choice.

Please, Please forward these pics to all you know and help me find a
great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and it's
heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could
find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them.
I pray that someone, somewhere can help us keep Cookie and Coco
together, and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the
bottom of my heart."


If you yourself can't take in these precious dogs, please pass this post along to anyone you think might be willing. Here's some other details about the two:

Two females, both have chips implanted - well cared for. Family losing home.
Desperate to find loving home.

Already housebroken, trained, love kids, spayed, up to date on
shots....what more could you ask for.
But must stay together. These are life long friends.

Contact: Katherine at:
kjmorris74@yahoo.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay this made me bawl! We have two dogs who were raised together and I can't imagine them being separated. I hope they find a loving home for the both of them TOGETHER!

Anonymous said...

My husband has a heart of stone and said no. =( I would love to have them!

Anonymous said...

Have been trying to contact Katherine for several days. A friend would love to take both and has asked for more information, but she has not replied. Really hope this is not a hoax.

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

Hey anonymous - shoot me an email so I can try to get you in touch with Katherine. cheyenne.schultz@gmail.com

meg{moir} said...

I also have 2 that have been raised together and could never seperate them. I know I can't bring in 2 more, so I sent this to Patrick and asked him to share with his class mates at the Vet School. Now there's a group of animal lovers who will be happy to helP!

CB + RP said...

:( this makes me sad. I wish I could have them. Did they find a home?

Anonymous said...

To let you all know, YES, they have homes now in Southern California. Unfortunately, in my being helpful, I started a steamball rolling and some people have started this into an internet hoax by removing the original location in California. The dogs are real and did get a home probably within a week of the original email. Here are the links to the story:

http://www.insidesocal.com/pets/2009/01/cookie-and-coco-great-labs-nee.html

The original poor lady's email has now been overloaded and she will probably have to abandon it.

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

James - UGH!!! You have got to be KIDDING me! This makes me furious - so sorry to everyone...I had no idea it was a hoax.

Oh well, I'm glad Coco and Cookie are alright and have a loving home. :)

Unknown said...

Those dogs have been adopted!!!!!!

Unknown said...

you will be happy to know I received an email stating these dogs have landed a good home!

here is the scoop...

http://www.insidesocal.com/pets/2009/01/labs-an-update.html