Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meet Erica!



Meet Erica. Our new intern.

Let's be real for a minute. As AWESOME of a blessing as it is for a husband and wife to get to work together on a business like Geoff and I do, it's also really hard. Don't get me wrong - having my husband to shoot and work alongside of me is more than I could ask for. It's really a lot of fun and I wouldn't have it any other way. But to be honest, it's hard on our marriage sometimes.

As many of you know, Geoff works full time doing motion graphics for our church - Elevation Church. As our business started to grow, we saw a lifestyle change. Geoff would get off from work and head straight to the computer to tackle the projects I had asked him to help me with. Since he was working, I thought I might as well be too. So, night after night, we found ourselves in separate rooms consumed with work until 1....2...in the morning. Not exactly practicing a healthy balance of work and life.

With 30 weddings on the books for 2009, we knew we needed help. Enter Erica. AMAZING Erica. :)

Occupation:
Designer: http://www.artdeasign.com/

Photography Website(s):
http://www.photographea.com/

Favorite Photographers:
www.cheyenneschultz.com [of course!] (Editor's note - I promised Erica a lifetime supply of chocolate flavored Bunny Peeps if she said that :) )
www.carlateneyck.com
www.anneruthmann.com

Canon or Nikon:
Canon!

Favorite lens:
Canon 50 mm f/1.8

What is your background with photography?
Basic black/white and color photography degree courses, trial-by-fire experiences in portrait, event and animal photography, a love of capturing moments, and an inherent desire to use my own photography in my design work.

Educational background?
BFA from the University of Connecticut, concentration in Graphic Design

What are you looking to get from this internship?
A library of new knowledge of the wedding photography industry - from engagement to the big day, and everything in between. Creative inspiration and technical skills. A chance to achieve more depth and *punch* in my work. And, an opportunity to collaborate with - and absorb the experience of - Cheyenne and Geoff, as artists, business-owners and amazing creative minds.









9 comments:

ericaJ said...

How great is that? Congratulations you guys! Looks like great times are ahead!

web designer said...

nice post

Charlotte Wedding Planner said...

Well isn't Erica a cutie! Can't wait to meet her!

Jesse Fender said...

Congrats on the continued growth of your business. If I would have known there was a position available, I would have applied! :)

Jessica L Sack said...

Erica, your websites are great! Welcome to the wonderfulness that is Geoff & Cheyenne!

GEOFF SCHULTZ said...

We are super excited to have Erica - Can't wait for what lies ahead :)

Bobbie said...

Congrats on having booked SO many weddings and actually needing more help! Yay for you! And I LOVE these pictures...

Studio222 Photography said...

That is the EXACT same situation we're in right now. We're actually auditioning assistants right now. Congrats Erica! Looks like a perfect fit!

Kirsten Mavric said...

Hiya. None of the links work for me? I just get error messages saying invalid URLs?