Hello and welcome to the blog! We are Cheyenne and Geoff Schultz and are wedding photographers in Charlotte, North Carolina. If you'd like to contact us about our photography, please e-mail me at cheyenne@lovetheschultzes.com with a subject line "The Schultzes". You can also check out our website at http://www.lovetheschultzes.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2009 Year In Review

Hi friends. So, I know this has taken me FOREVER long to write and post my 2009 Year In Review and that it almost is silly to do so because we are more than a month out from when the new year hit....but even so, it's important to me that I take the time for this so I can remember where we've been and what 2009 brought us.

Marriage: Year Two. For some reason, to me it seems like Geoff and I have been married for much longer than only two years. I just feel like SO much has happened in a such short period of time. Year two was equally as crazy as the first. We worked a TON, but luckily still managed to make the time to just be together - Fridays Geoff has off from work at Elevation....this became our date day. A big part of year two was getting two more dogs - we adopted Jazzy from a shelter and then found Frank as a stray. However, we are still looking for a permanent home for our sweet Frank. :)

The first day we found Frank.



All five of us.



Clients. Our second full year of business brought us 32 wedding clients - many of which, became friends. :) Yikes, though! Just seeing that number freaks me out...I can't believe we actually made it.



Travel. 2009 brought us to Chicago for Geoff's grandma's 80th birthday, Asheville for our anniversary, California for my high school reunion with my girlfriends (where I got the WORST case of the flu I've ever had...ugh...that was terrible), and Baton Rouge to shoot Francois and Dom's wedding (which is coming to the blog VERY soon!). We also managed a short trip to our favorite place - Savannah - for a motion graphics conference.

Downtown Chicago



Asheville



Me with four of my five best high school girlfriends in San Francisco.



Education. For my educational workshop this year I traveled to New Mexico for The Blend. In addition to learning from The Image is Found, Jose Villa, and Jesh de Rox, I made new friends....which is always good. :)



Intern. We got the most fabulous intern - Erica - to help us during busy season....and to my delight, she became our album designer.



Eye Candy Contest. To spice up things during a slower time, we had a photo contest which the winner received a free session, disc of images, coffee table book, and an iPod with all of their images. It was fun. Super fun.



The winners - Caleb and Melissa



Press. It's been a great time to see our work pop up on so many wedding blogs and a few magazines here and there. Probably our greatest excitement was learning of the news that Jessica and Steve's wedding landed on the cover of Carolina Bride.



Photobooth. We incorporated "The Booth" into our offered services. So so so fun. Best decision we EVER made. Maybe not EVER...but a good decision for sure.



And there you have it. 2009. A great year no doubt....ALL the glory to God...for real.

9 comments:

jamiedelaine said...

Sounds like such a fun year. 32 freaks me out too. I'm doing 26 this year I think and never wanted to do more than 18.

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

Yay for such a great year!

Alyse Woodward Events said...

Love this! and you!

missjulierae said...

Congratulations ... how amazing to be able to look back and see all that you've accomplished :)

holly crawford said...

so proud of you guys and so proud to be a part of your 2009. :) thanks for being a VERY important and treasured part of ours!!! love you guys!

Alicia Damron said...

I love this post, it's always fun to see some behind the scenes action from photographers. It helps me understand better who you are. And I love the collage of all the couples, it's amazing how you managed to give each couple their own look. No cookie-cutter poses there! Congratulations on what sounds like a great year!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting this Cheyenne! Love it!

kristin said...

Congrats on an amazing 2009! You guys are fabulous!

Erica Stawick said...

Loved reading this! Congrats on such an amazing year. Can't wait to see what 2010 brings for y'all!